If your business is already trying to “Go Green”, then you should consider applying for a Medford Green Award. If you own or manage a company and are looking for ways to make it more environmentally friendly, check out these easy steps you can take!
1. Get a free facility assessment.
Massachusetts’ Sponsors of Mass Save® offer no-cost facility assessments to find and prioritize ways for you to save energy and costs with practical ideas and tips, such as:
- Updating or retrofitting equipment
- Controlling equipment for occupancy changes throughout the day
- Discovering money-saving business solutions, discounts and rebates
- Improving employee productivity and business interior comfort
Your facility may be eligible for measures that can be scheduled for direct installation and paid for up to 70 percent by the Sponsors of Mass Save®.
For more information visit the Mass Save® website.
2. Install LED light bulbs.
Replace your existing light bulbs in your home or office with Light Emitting Diode (LED) bulbs. LED bulbs contain no mercury, use about 75% less electricity than traditional incandescent light bulbs, and have an estimated bulb life of 25,000 hours.
3. Buy EnergyStar Appliances.
Appliances that have qualified for the U.S. EPA EnergyStar label use 10-50% less energy than conventional models. Commercial kitchens with EnergyStar appliances can save thousands of dollars in energy costs over the lifetime of their equipment. Saving energy helps the environment too. If just one in ten U.S. households switched to EnergyStar appliances, it would have the same reduction in carbon dioxide as planting 1.7 million acres of new forest.
4. Opt up to Medford Premium 100% renewable energy through the Medford Municipal Energy Aggregation program. Opting up lets you buy 100% local renewable energy for a rate of $0.14690/kWh from December 2019 through December 2022.