SmartView wind turbine data feed
Live data on the Medford wind turbine is now available online. Click here to view current data. (Note: requires Java plug-in; best viewed in Internet Explorer v6+)
Who We Are
Mayor Michael McGlynn created the Medford Clean Energy Committee (MCEC) in January 2004 to augment the city's effort to become a municipal leader in the use of clean power.
Our goal is to promote clean power options and encourage the development of renewable energy in Medford.
Clean Energy in Medford
- A 100kw wind turbine provides 10% of the power needs of the McGlynn Middle School
- Solar panels in Medford supply electricity for City Hall and lights at Hormel Stadium
- Over 290 Medford residents purchased renewable energy through GreenUp
- Plans are underway to install $100,000 worth of additional solar panels
Why Clean Energy?
- To protect Medford from rising utility costs
- To improve air quality and public health from the effects of emissions produced by local power plants
- To reduce America's dependence on foreign sources of energy
- To help our global community offset climate change